Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Responsible for performing general maintenance and cleaning duties and maintaining high standards of safety and sanitation for members and team members. Gathers and returns carts/flatbeds from the parking lot to the club entrance to ensure ready access for club members.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department.
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and assistance. Maintains high standards of safety and sanitation for members and team members.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the club including the sales floor, offices, restrooms and the outdoor grounds and parking lot.
- Gathers and returns carts and flatbeds from the parking lot to the club entrance. Removes any trash or debris from the parking lot, cart corrals, and exterior of the club.
- Ensures that carts are well-stocked at the club entrance.
- Verifies that all carts are in working order and clean. Removes carts that are not suitable for use.
- Returns new and unused merchandise to the sales floor.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning duties including wet and dry mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, carpet extracting, washing glass, emptying trash receptacles and pulling pallets.
- Maintains outdoor grounds of club property including cart corrals, sidewalks and outdoor trash receptacles.
- Prioritizes maintenance and cleaning responsibilities across the club in an efficient manner.
- Operates the floor scrubber, trash compactor and cardboard baler machines in a safe and efficient manner following established safety standards.
- Restocks maintenance / cleaning supplies and ensures supply areas on the receiving dock and maintenance closets are clean, neat and organized.
- Performs minor and routine building repairs and notifies management when major repairs may be required.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Prior maintenance or janitorial experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior retail/wholesale experience preferred.
- May be less than 18 years of age to perform parking lot cart functions. Must be over 18 to operate equipment and enter age restricted areas.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. May frequently require bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching, stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and push pallets.
- Frequent exposure to company authorized cleaning agents.
- Occasional exposure to paint and company authorized chemicals.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and coolers.
- Frequently works both indoors and outdoors with regular exposure to outdoor weather conditions.