BHHIC Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Insurance Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestates Company is one of the leading property/casualty members of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies. Located in Omaha, NE and backed by a wealth of experience, Berkshire Hathaway Homestates Company offers one of the widest selections of insurance products in the industry and the stability that agents and insureds have depended on for decades.
We have a need for temporary help in our Underwriting Department within the Retail Property group.
Hours: Between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 20-30 hours per week during the school year depending on the applicant's schedule
- 30-40 hours per week in the summer
Duties in the Underwriting Department include:
- Evaluating risk acceptability
- Identifying and communicating potential problems to lead underwriter(s)
- Communicating pricing decisions to agents and answer questions
During this internship, the student will gain:
- Fundamental concepts of insurance (including coverages & pricing)
- An understanding of basic insurance underwriting
- Sophomore, junior, or senior
- Major in business, math, or equivalent
- Work with detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of basic math
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and written communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines
A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals.