Calling all caring and compassionate carers! If you're looking for a life-changing Support Worker role where you can make a positive impact every day within your local community; a job with no costly, time-consuming commutes where you can focus on continual learning and career progression, where you can enjoy an enviable work-life balance and generous colleague benefits, a job where you can work flexibly and with like-minded people who champion inclusivity, mental health well-being, and where diversity is celebrated, then look no further than joining Dimensions, one of the UK's 'Great Places to Work' 2022.
In Pentwyn, Cardiff we provide fully-personalised support to three amazing people. As our newest male Support Worker, it'll be your responsibility to work courageously, respectfully and with integrity - and in partnership with your colleagues - to encourage and empower the people who welcome you into their home to lead richer, more gratifying lives.
You will be supporting in a person-centred approach, promoting independence and decision making, whilst promoting active support, social inclusion and positive engagement. You will also work together with the behaviour support team and their families to provide the best support.
As well as being actively and enthusiastically engaged in every aspect of their daily lives, you'll also be expected to safeguard the people we support - ensuring that they are always happy and comfortable, and that the environment they're in is safe and sanitary - as well as writing/maintaining records (i.e. risk assessments, financial reports and observations, etc.)
Shift patterns will vary through the week - days, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins - availability can be discussed at interview.
Why join Dimensions?
- No more time-consuming, costly commutes to worry about - you will provide ongoing support to three people in one property; there's no requirement to travel between homes
- No experience necessary - we provide on-going, fully-funded training and mentorship to help you reach your full potential
- Genuine career prospects - at Dimensions, we believe that anything is possible, and there are no glass ceilings here!
- Job satisfaction - our roles are not only richly rewarding, we ensure our colleagues have enviable work-life balances
- Generous colleague benefits - including discounted health and dental care; up to 35 days holiday, and monthly colleague recognition schemes, etc.
- A positive, inclusive and supportive work environment that champions mental health wellbeing and celebrates diversity
Apply now by hitting the "Apply" button! Alternatively, if this role isn't quite right for you, we'd really appreciate it if you could share this vacancy with someone else who you think would make a great support worker!
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on .
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.