JMAV's projects are fast-paced and challenging and allow our team members to grow into their roles to meet the varied requirements of construction within close-knit project teams. As a Superintendent at JMAV you will assist the project team using your personal initiative, critical thinking skills and attention to detail to achieve project goals. You will assist in execution of construction projects in a demanding but rewarding environment. This involves strong organizational and communication skills and a flexible and adaptable attitude.
Your work days will be interesting and exciting on the jobsite while working closely with the Senior Superintendents on providing direction and following up with field forces (both Moriarty employees and subcontractors) to ensure that the project is built according to plan, specification, schedule, and quality.
The best candidates will have the ability to read and interpret plans & drawings, write reports & procedure manuals, and effectively present information.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and implement short-term look ahead schedules from the overall project schedule.
- Review field conditions for possible conflicts and assist in generating RFI's to resolve when necessary.
- Perform quality control inspections and documentation.
- Lead small to medium sized teams in area of responsibility.
- Communicate with project team to support overall project goals.
- Understand and implement company / project safety plans.
- Assist with administration of subcontractor safety training and compliance.
- Monitor subcontractor activities to assure compliance to contract documents.
- Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture related educational background
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline driven work environment.
- Hands-on team player.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of building codes.
- Eligible for CPR & First Aid Certification.
- OSHA certified / eligible.
- Genuine interest in construction industry.
John Moriarty of Virginia is a privately held general contractor that specializes in large scale, urban, ground-up projects such as mixed-use, multi-family, hotels, senior living, student housing and bio-medical and is one of the faster growing contactors in the metropolitan DC area. Exceptional for the industry, 100% of our projects are negotiated with over 85% being with repeat clients.
Our approach is characterized by transparency, collaboration, attention to detail and hands-on leadership. Our projects are set up for success by our strong emphasis on pre-construction services and planning, proper staffing and hiring best-in-class subcontractors. Our growth has been a result of outstanding execution in every phase of project delivery and an unparalleled employee retention of the best people in the industry.
Our parent company, John Moriarty & Associates (JMA), was founded in 1985 in Winchester, MA and is one of the most respected general contracting firms in the industry. Learn more at our websites: and .
John Moriarty & Associates of Virginia participates in E-Verify for all hired employees. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security. More information can be found at .