Location: Hopkins, MN or Sandy, UT - Hybrid
We are hiring multiple levels and salary will be commiserate with experience.
Digi International Inc. (NASDAQ: DGII) is in search of skilled production test engineers, with a knack for troubleshooting and notable skill in determining efficient, effective ways to test products in the production environment. At Digi, you'll do both, design production test systems for wide offering of RF and cellular devices as well as support a global deployment of over 200 test systems worldwide, supporting the production of several million units annually. If you've got that fire in the belly to come and join an outstanding team and gobble up challenges like a thanksgiving dinner - this is the place for you.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead production test system definition, design and development efforts for new products across any number of Digi's business units. Including test rack architectures and DUT (device under test) specific fixturing.
- Drive to >90% First Pass Yield (FPY) on all new test system deployments.
- Evaluate underperforming test systems
- Perform Maintenance of Line (MOL) activities -> update tests, sequences, limit etc. to support revisions of product.
- Collaborate and coach the R/D teams on DFx best practices -> evangelizing the design in test from the beginning concept .
- BSEE Preferred, or 5+yrs equivalent experience developing and supporting production test equipment.
- Experience developing test applications using NI Test Stand and NI LabView. Certified Developer or above (TS and/or LV) credentials a plus.
- Experience using and developing tests with NI PXI Chassis and a wide variety of diagnostic cards: VSA/VSGs, VNA's, DAQs, Power Meters, Spectrum Analyzers etc.
Strongly Desired Experience:
- Solid understanding of basic RF technologies, such as WiFi, ZigBee, and cellular. Knowledge of basic RF test parameters including, Transmit Power, Receive Sensitivity, and Error Vector Magnitude. Good understanding of basic RF calibration techniques.
- Familiarity with GPIB, USB, Serial, Ethernet protocols and have knowledge of tools used to analyze these signals.
- Experience with various manufacturing test development strategies and methodologies, including ICT, boundary scan, mixed signal, and RF testing.