At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
At First National, we believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to collaborate and connect with customers and coworkers.
It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work onsite 100% of the time and will have a dedicated workspace. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
About this Role:
The Senior Financial Advisor is a trusted advisor who will serve customers ready to optimize their financial wellbeing. Through an advisor led approach, the Senior Financial Advisor will serve as a planning generalist to help individuals in every life stage, achieve their banking and long term planning needs. The typical customer will have Investible Assets between $500K to $5M. The Senior Financial Advisor will be the primary relationship manager that delivers and/or brings in resources to deliver advice, guidance and solutions to individuals to create and maintain financial wellbeing around their long term life goals. The objective is to provide Personalized Education, Advice, Guidance and Solutions at the right time to help customers improve their financial well-being.
Job Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
Implement successful sales strategies and business development action plans to develop networks and third party referral sources to enable exposure and opportunities to develop new business and deepen relationships with existing customers. Achieve business revenue goals by growing and retaining customer relationships utilizing effective relationship management skills, effective sales strategies and engaging internal and external sources.
Serve new and existing customers with moderate to complex investment needs by providing personalized education, advice, and guidance to deliver long term planning and investment advice and solutions to effectively manage every life stage, achieve their banking and long term planning needs and to preserve their overall wealth. Advisors will provide holistic advice including savings, investments, planning and insurance.
Meet regularly with customers to assess their financial situation, needs, objectives and risk tolerance.
Identify opportunities designed to meet the needs of the customer and, as appropriate, expand each customer relationship by transforming the customer's needs into relevant product/service offerings.
Apply functional and technical knowledge to solve moderate to complex problems using sound analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
Fully utilize and work in collaboration with Financial Advisor Associate to maximize the client experience and to be efficient with resources.
Interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend solutions for a customer's needs today and for the future.
Consult and leverage internal or external resources when necessary to serve a customer's more complex needs.
Properly execute transactions on a given investment platform in a timely manner.
Serve as a mentor to Financial Advisors by transferring knowledge of the investment and financial industry, sales strategies, relationship management skills, local and national economy, and overall business acumen.
Participate as an active member of meaningful committees or boards of local civic organizations.
Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive and collaborative working relationships.
Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, and FINRA / SEC regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to all job duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the investment or financial services industry.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or Series 63 & 65) registrations.
- State Life, Accident & Health and Variable Contract insurance licenses.
- Previous successful business development activities and effective relationship management experience.
- Proven sales skills, preferably in the investment industry.
- Ability to provide more complex investment advice and guidance to customers adhering to all fiduciary standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cohesively within a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of the finance industry and the local, state, national and global economy.
- Ability to listen attentively to customer's needs to best deliver a comprehensive solution for the customer.
- Ability to communicate confidently with customers and prospects demonstrating poise while speaking. Exceptional verbal and written communication including presentations and recommendations.
- Understands and contributes to intended customer experience of helpful, easy and personal.
- Flexibility of schedule to accommodate client meetings occurring prior to or after normal business hours.
- Certifications or degrees such as a CRPC, CFP, CPA, CFA, CWS, CTFA, CFM or MBA, JD or ability to earn accreditation
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement