New Story Schools in Reading, PA (Perkiomen Ave) is seeking a qualified Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor Emotional Support students in grades K-12. As a Special Education Teacher, you play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom. We are offering a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus and $2,500 retention bonus at the end of the school year!
- Complete individualized Education plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, and preparation of required paperwork.
- Develop lesson plans which keep students actively engaged in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies.
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership, and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Deliver classroom instruction in a meaningful and appropriate way to enable students to progress toward the goals outlined in the IEP. Classroom time should be structured and scheduled.
- Communicate with parents and encourage parental involvement.
- Track and document student progress to provide grades for completion of progress reports/report cards.
- Conduct educational assessments and record/interpret data.
- Set clear expectations for students' behavior and provide and implement behavior management strategies and techniques to manage severe student behavior and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
- Minimum of three months of experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders.
- A four-year degree from a college or university and applicable teaching certificate
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
- Summer incentive pay for qualified teachers
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at .
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here , log in, and navigate to Open Opportunities to search and apply for current open opportunities.
- 6+ months of experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders (student teaching hours can be included)
- Bachelors or better in Education or related field
- Masters or better in Special Education or related field
- Bachelors or better in Special Education or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Lesson Plan Development
- Classroom Management