At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones, our community of Technology professionals builds leading-edge technology solutions that are transforming the way our 7 million clients connect with the firm. With an intense focus on enhancing the relationship between the financial advisor and the client, we're designing systems that make it easier, faster, and better for our branch offices and the clients they serve.
In this role, you will be acting in more of a Solution Train Engineer capacity, managing potentially multiple ARTs. This will be one of the first times the firm will be leveraging this role, so being able to adapt to change, shape and evaluate the responsibilities of the role (in relation to other roles) will be an important aspect to consider. The Solution Train Engineer is a master of facilitation in driving outcomes and communicating with impact.
We're seeking an exceptionally talented Senior Release Train Engineer/Solution Train Engineer with a specific focus on the following:What you'll do
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART) using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanban's and other information radiators
- Plan, facilitate and organize SAFe Program Increment Planning within and across ARTs, including continuous identifying and monitoring of risks, dependencies, and effectively communicating status with impact to senior leaders as a single point of contact for that ART(s)
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings across several digital product portfolios
- Share an agile mindset with a focus on Lean Agile principles and concentration on Systems thinking
- Use negotiation skills
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of agile practices within the organization while supporting the APMO and the Product and Agile Center of Excellence, especially when it comes to managing across ARTs
- Understands which meaningful metrics to track, how to interpret them, and how to course correct when the numbers are telling you things are headed out of bounds
- Facilitate ART/end to end System Demos, Showcases, Solution Roadmap Reviews, and other communication cadences to key leaders and stakeholder audiences that provide an end to end story
- Help manage and communicate risks and dependencies across the ART. Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks, gaps, and evolution of roles and responsibilities as the firm matures in agile practices
- Servant leader - serve the Digital community as a primary escalation contact for ARTs.
- Work with the Agile Release Trains, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams
- Work with Agile coaches, Product Project Leaders, and other RTEs to understand and communicate status, dependencies, and leveraging the tools consistently and effectively
- Ensure infrastructure and security work is included in planning and tracking
- Encourage collaboration between product teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Fulfill any reporting needs for program, product, or digital leadership as needed
- Aligns with and works in Tandem with Product Management on the planning and execution of product deliverables
- Partner with portfolio owners to help facilitate and triage initial intake or major scope changes from business owners
- Provide a safe space which promotes relentless improvement and continuous learning
- Guide and coach the RTEs and Product PLs on how to use agile practices and principles, as well as mindsets, to deliver quality products and business value
- Builds and supports high-performing Agile teams and Agile Release Trains
- Key point of feedback on building highly effective teams - seek and give unbiased, candid and meaningful feedback
- Approaches delivering the right outcomes differently, with a focus on prioritization, speaking courageously, effective communication and collaboration, and embracing change and ambiguity
- Use data, stakeholder insights, logic, and expertise to move forward through ambiguity
- Fully understand problems and opportunities, as well as what led to them, before deciding on a solution
- Make high-quality, efficient decisions by selecting the right approach for the task at hand
- Speak courageously and share relevant, timely information with others, regardless of level, to achieve optimal outcomes
- Collaborate and communicate in ways that push our business forward
- Celebrate, recognize and hold each other accountable to completing work that moves us toward our purpose
- Embrace change and challenges as opportunities to work together toward better results
- Deepen social awareness by observing and listening to others with empathy and curiosity
- Build upon your relationships with others to increase trust, belonging and positive impact
- Bachelor's degree required
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) highly desired.
- Ability to facilitate and work with leaders at the Portfolio and senior leader levels
- 7+ years of Technology experience leading projects, products and/or programs is required.
- Advanced knowledge of the Lean-Agile mindset, using various methodologies, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum, Kanban and XP, to deliver solutions.
- Experience and ability to navigate Wealth Management (Acumen) a plus
- 2+ years of experience as a Release Train Engineer or in a similar role preferred
- Agile or SAFe certifications preferred.
- Experience using Jira, Clarity, HP ALM (QC), and other enterprise tools track the delivery of value from the Portfolio to the Product and Team levels.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Excellent people and product management skills.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® By Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the list.
- From FORTUNE ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this prestigious list.
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more information.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047