About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Senior Manager, Global Medical Communications Expert where you will perform assigned Medical Communications tactics and activities, executing with a sufficient level of independence and in close coordination/supervision by the Therapeutic Area Medical Communications Group Lead and/or Global Medical Communications Scientific Lead. Generate scientific content for internal and external medical communications-related activities such as scientific slide decks and digital assets for use during internal education, scientific symposia, medical affairs advisory boards, master classes, etc.
You will also support congress planning and execution including oversight of content and design for the medical affairs booth, collection and generation of scientific insights, and planning of scientific symposia. Support medical review during the promotional and non-promotional (eg, disease state) commercial material review, as well as medical affairs material review, for global priority products and associated brands as part of review. Over time and with increased expertise, may take on review responsibilities for certain materials. May take on other independent projects as assigned. As part of the Global Medical Communications team, you will report to Group Lead, Global Medical Communications and work with designated therapeutic areas.
How you will contribute:
- Develop strong understanding of the purpose and objectives of the core Medical Communications materials (scientific platform, lexicon, core slide decks, communication plan, etc) and supports maintenance and scientific accuracy of these materials.
- Maintain the scientific accuracy of the information in the Scientific Communication Platform (SCP) and Core Communication Objectives (CCOs) for assigned products, supporting collaboration with the cross-functional team. Support the development of new SCPs for new products.
- In partnership with the Medical Affairs team, support development and execution of the Medical Communications plan and associated activities, such as generation of core medical communication documents, medical booths and other congress activities, satellite symposia, educational activities and scientific meetings with external experts.
- Provides post-congress support including liaising with competitive intelligence and post congress integration of learnings into medical materials and communication plans
- Develop materials for use by the field medical team
- Develop materials related to publications of critical importance to the company
- Ensure that assigned medical communication projects remain on strategy, within budget, and are executed in a timely manner
- Participate in material review meetings as required
- May provide Medical Affairs representation during concept design of materials
- Ensure all materials adhere to industry standards and that data is communicated in an ethical, compliant and accurate manner.
- Liaise with global medical affairs colleagues for scientific discussion on specific materials, as needed
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- BS degree required, advanced degree (ie, MPH, MS, PhD, MD or PharmD) in a biosciences discipline preferred
- At least 3 years' experience within Medical/Scientific Communications (Medical Scientific Liaison, Medical Information, Medical Communications, Medical/Scientific Communications agency, Medical Education, Publications)
- Some experience in Medical Communication planning and execution, or translatable skills
- Experience interacting with agencies
- Prior experience in the therapeutic area is an asset
- Familiarity with international regulatory and legal guidelines regarding Medical Communication strategies and execution is an asset
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MA Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type