Build your career at Buildertrend! Named to Inc. Magazine's list of Best Workplaces 2020, 2021 & 2022 and ranked Best Places to Work in Omaha 2019, 2020 & 2021.
Buildertrend is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team! We are a cutting-edge, cloud-based project management software. With nearly one million users across the globe, we empower the construction industry with a better way to build. Our software helps construction professionals build more projects while reducing delays, eliminating communication errors, and increasing customer satisfaction. From Estimating, Scheduling, and Change Order features to Client Communication and Document Management tools, our feature set is here to streamline every aspect of the construction process. As a partner in our customer's success, our team provides unmatched support every step of the way. At Buildertrend, we believe in providing an all-in-one solution to solve real problems, deliver real results, and change how the world builds.
As a Senior Accountant, you will focus on the business expenses and optimizing budget plans for the business. You will collaborate with other departments to accurately record and facilitate payments to vendors and generate internal reporting to be distributed to department leaders to drive business decisions. You will contribute to Buildertrend initiatives by aligning departments toward company financial goals, creating processes and controls around accounts payable, expense reimbursements and budget reporting.
What Youll Do
- Collaborate with the accounting team and financial staff to provide financial and accounting support to executives and department heads in setting budgets and evaluating costs.
- Own the month-end actual to budget reporting by department. Prepare variance commentary and detailed reporting as needed.
- Liaison between the Accounting and Finance team on the annual budget and projections.
- Review and approve processed accounts payable invoices for accuracy of G/L codes and proper authorization and alignment with the budget
- Manage the companys corporate card program and expense reporting
- Evaluate processes and procedures to identify areas that can be improved for better efficiency and controls through automation
- Provide employee training on expense reporting.
- Assist with projects, and ad hoc requests as necessary
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree in Accounting. Bachelors preferred.
- At least 3 years hands-on accounting experience.
- Netsuite experience is a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
Perks and benefits
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off
- Team Happy Hours
- Bottomless Soda Pop
- Relaxed Dress
Buildertrend is cutting-edge, cloud-based project management software. With nearly 1 million users across the globe, we empower the construction industry with a better way to build. Our software helps construction professionals build more projects while reducing delays, eliminating communication errors, and increasing customer satisfaction. From Estimating, Scheduling, and Change Order features to Client Communication and Document Management tools, our feature set is here to streamline every aspect of the construction process. As a partner in our customers success, our team provides unmatched support, every step of the way. At Buildertrend, we believe in providing an all-in-one solution to solve real problems, deliver real results, and change the way the world builds.
Founded in Omaha in 2006, Buildertrend is quickly becoming the industry standard. Buildertrend is changing the way the world builds. Using technology to bring all parties together, Buildertrend has quickly become the product of the future. The innovative solutions and team atmosphere are what makes Buildertrend one of the hottest employers in Omaha.
If you want to learn more about us, check out:
Come be a part of the fun and challenging environment at our new headquarters conveniently located off 120th and I-80.
Equal opportunity employer
At Buildertrend, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Buildertrend believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company, and seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To see the complete list of Essential Job Functions, click here
Buildertrend participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. For more information, please visit here: