Developmental Disabilities Institute, DDI, is one of the largest providers of care to children and adults with Autism, developmental disabilities and other special needs. DDI has been a part of Long Island for over 50 years serving over 1,500 children and adults with Autism, other developmental disabilities and special needs. DDI provides innovative and expansive services to our population through various educational settings, residential services, day habilitation programs and vocational services.
Working in DDI's Childhood Day Services division the Registered Nurse works along side the Special Education Teacher and Assistants as part of the interdisciplinary team. Working in the classroom the RN works with children with developmental disabilities on a variety of age appropriate educational goals.
Salary Range: $32.09 - $38.51/hour
- Daily attendance to students enrolled
- Treatment of all children for illness and injuries-treat, record and notify parents
- Administer medications daily, record and maintain up to date records.
- Maintain up to date students records on all students ie: physicals and immunizations
- Administer Mantouxs as needed to all staff and new employees and maintain records
- Staff in services as needed (OSHA, Universal precautions, safety etc)
- Administer care to staff in case of injury and complete incident reports as per DDI regulations and maintain monthly tracking
- Handle all medical emergencies within building
- Order supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to modify the area to secure the safety of children
- Ability to move/transport a child weighing up to 30 pounds to a height of 3 feet to place child on changing table
- Must be able to move quickly after a child up to 200 feet to prevent elopement
- Must be able to position self or maneuver classroom to facilitate student instruction in classroom and playground environment
- Must have ability to follow oral and written directions and detect/respond to fire alarms
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs with railing
- N.Y. State Registered Nurse License required
- N.Y. State Drivers License preferred
- Knowledge of OPWDD regulations preferred
- Experience with MR/DD population preferred