SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse
to join our family. Come be a part of the change! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. HCA Houston Clear Lake Webster, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery (L&D)
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 610-bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the areas only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Reassess patients on an on-going manner.
- Responsible for adhering to the hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responsible for the application and advanced interpretation of maternal/fetal monitoring.
- Performs vaginal exams and identifies: a) presentation, b) dilatation, c) Station, d) effacement
- L&D nurses (not APU) are responsible for circulating for Cesarean Sections and Tubal Ligations.
- Assists physicians with procedures, as appropriate.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere and compliance with Refection of Excellence standards.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
Qualifications What you will need for this role:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN or currently enrolled in BSN Program
- Current TX Licensure as an RN.
- Current BCLS certification required.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification within the first 30 days of employment
- Acquires and maintains current ACLS certification.
- Acquires and maintains current HCA recommended Fetal Heart Monitoring competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical aseptic techniques.
- Minimum 1 year current Labor & Delivery experience required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortunes list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? Wed love to hear from you. If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters . We are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.