SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as an EndoscopyRegistered Nurse that you want in your current role? We have anexciting opportunity for you to join Doctors Hospital of Augusta, a facilitythat is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services , HCAHealthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support theyneed. At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, we offer an array of medical, dental, andvision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits packagetruly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of ourunique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has animpact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make adifference. We are looking for a dedicated Endoscopy RN like you tobe a part of our team.
The Endoscopy Registered Nurse will provideprofessional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process,collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, includingphysicians, to assure quality health care. The Endoscopy Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuringeffective communication with the surgical technologists, the other RegisteredNurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the othermembers of the surgical team. What you will do in this role:
- You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
- You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
- You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
- You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care in producing the desired patient outcomes and makes adjustments in care as indicated.
- Administers direct nursing care and/or directs the care of patients, consistent with the nursing care plan, including treatments, medication, hygiene, monitoring vital signs, etc.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience of nursing is strongly preferred
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350+ bed HCAHealthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border.Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largestburn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. Inaddition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of theGeorgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous reviewprogram administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the AmericanCollege of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary StrokeCenter, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Centerof Excellence in Womens Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care forserious emergencies. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center , our ERteam is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients.Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team ofexperienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes ofarrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our EmergencyDepartment.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of DoctorsHospital of Augusta, has been continually named a World'sMost Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCAHealthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery ofcharitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are activelyreviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contactedby our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help usraise the bar in patient care!