SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about deliveringsuperior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caringfor patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start yourcareer as a Lead Trauma Nurse with Doctors Hospital of Augusta.
At Doctors Hospital of Augusta we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Program
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
And, additionally you will have a great opportunity for growth as youll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations in the world.
You contribute to our success. Everyrole has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to makea difference.
We are seeking anexperienced Trauma Registered Nurse, for a full-time, day shift (7a-7p) position on our cutting-edge team in the role of Trauma Nurse Lead, to report to the TraumaProgram Director and provide direct nursing care in accordance with establishedpolicies, procedures and guidelines set forth by the facility and the TraumaService.
Whatyou will do in this role:
- You will assess, plan, implement, evaluate and coordinatetreatment plans for incoming trauma patients.
- You will demonstrate strong trauma clinical assessment skills,nursing intervention and strong communication/leadership skills.
- You will be responsible for trauma bay readiness and coordinating/triagingall incoming trauma patient activations.
- You will review and evaluate all activations for triage-levelappropriateness and assist with admission consultations as directed by theprimary trauma surgeons.
- You will respond to in-house trauma patients critical needs andfacilitate psychosocial support.
- You will mentor ED and inpatient nurses caring for trauma patientsand assist in training and in-servicing needs.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license.
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Certifications needed upon hire: BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- A current TNCC Certification is required.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required, BSN or MSN Preferred.
- One or more years in direct trauma resuscitation nursing care delivery.
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350+ bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Womens Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veter an status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job...