SHIFT: No Weekends
Nurse Manager Pediatric ICU
Medical City Children's Hospital
At Medical City Children's Hospital, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. Medical City Childrens Hospital, a part of Medical City Dallas, is a 220-bed comprehensive and specialized childrens hospital providing advanced pediatric health care for young patients of all ages, from newborns to teenagers. Pediatric specialties at Medical City Childrens Hospital include pediatric cardiac surgery, pediatric emergency services, pediatric cancer care (hematology and oncology), pediatric orthopedics, neurosurgery, craniofacial surgery, pediatric transplant and kidney care, and a Level IV NICU.
The Manager for the Pediatric ICU accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The manager is a RN and accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept responsibility for patient safety of the PICU clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high quality age & developmental specific care for pediatric population
- Create PICU Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
- Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
- Organize / Supervise human and material resources
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Bachelors degree in nursing required
- Masters degree in nursing or related field preferred
- Five (5) years experience in management, to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, and physician relations
- Previous management in critical care required
- Current Texas RN license or compact license
- Current AHA or ARC BLS Provider
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.