SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Womens Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer anexcellent total compensation package, for various positions includingcompetitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Webelieve in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Yourbenefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,tuition reimbursement, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to youabout this fantastic opportunity.
Position Summary: The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans Population Served: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s): Esophagitis, Gastrointestinal disorders, Kidney and Urinary Tract infections, Pneumonia and Pleurisy, Septicemia, Nutritional and Metabolic disorders, Cellulitis Pulmonary Edema and Respiratory Failure, COPD, Diabetes, Bronchitis and Asthma, Renal Failure, Renal Transplants, Wounds, Anemia, PVD, etc. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitor and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
- Provides leadership and direction to all disciplines assigned to the health care team.
- Job specific competencies
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with staff assistance
- RN licensed in state of Texas/Compact state
- Completion of RN/LVN program leading to licensure
- Read and write basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders
Preferred Education, Licensure, Certification, Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Preferred experience as RN 1-2 years Med-Surg
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate.
- Radiation certification (unit course completed within 1 yr of hire date)
- Read and write Basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders.
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
- Effective communication skills, both orally...