Hiring a QC Lab Tech for one of the top food science labs in Woodland, CA!! Great way to gain experience on resume if you graduated with food science or have had prior qc experience and want to continue to grow within the food lab space!
Need to be flexible to rotating shifts and a team player!
-Responsible for learning the products and the quality standards
-Performing physical testing on products such as moisture and hydration testing
-Will attend safety meetings
-Variety of tasks daily and interacting/communicating with other departments
• Pass annual proficiency verification testing.
• Follow assigned work schedules and monitor the lines/duties that are assigned. (Help out fellow Lab Technician's lines when needed).
• Attend weekly department safety meetings and bring ideas to the meetings.
• Follow the protocol for retained sample storage and recycling - place retain samples in trays and/or box up for storage, label, place in proper location, log in binder when transferred to cold room, and recycle per retain policy.
• Perform cyclic inventory checks of wild rice sample retains.
• Perform scale weight verification checks and grading screen inspections.
• Perform the duties associated with Purchased "Raw" Ingredients - analyze pre-shipment/incoming samples (physical analysis, moisture, hydration, sensory), COA check-in when applicable, accept/reject ingredient based on historical criteria, Non-Conformance/HOLD procedures when applicable, outside laboratory testing procedures when applicable (composite/label/log), raw ingredient paperwork protocol (scan results when applicable, file paperwork, removal from "Product not Analyzed or Approved" log), store retain samples on rack.
• Perform the duties associated with monitoring the Packaging Line - analyze finished product samples (physical analysis), record results and report to operator, outside laboratory testing procedures when applicable (composite/label/log), special paperwork procedures when applicable (composite/moisture/copy), box up retain samples and store in cold room, paperwork procedures.
• Follow InHarvest Safety and Accident Prevention Rules.
• Isolate any product which will not meet InHarvest quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard if eaten. Notify Lab Supervisor of any such problem and record it on appropriate document.
• Follow GMP's and keep your area clean.
• Perform all work in accordance with company standards and established safety procedures.
• Demonstrates positive and a can-do attitude, confidence, endurance and constructively handle conflicts.
• Work alongside others or independently to complete projects.
• Work with fellow Supervisors and Technicians to accomplish the goals of not only your department but the goals of InHarvest.
• Have a basic understanding of equipment in the production area.
• Communicate effectively with other departments, staff group and supervisors.
• Work on special projects as requested.
• Work accurately with eye for detail.
• Know and understand all equipment in your department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• OT hours shall be required as directed by Supervisor.
quality control, food manufacturing, gmp, computer skills, written communications skills, Quality assurance, FDA, qa, haccp, document control, physical testing, moisture testing
Top Skills Details:
quality control,food manufacturing,gmp,computer skills,written communications skills
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of lab practices
• Must be reliable and a team player
• Able to work with little supervision
• Able to work any shift and overtime when needed
• Knowledge of GMP's, Safety Rules and Good Lab Practices
• Able to work well in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and complete them with accuracy
• Strong organizational skills
• Physical requirements include close, distance, color, peripheral and depth perception and focused vision.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.