Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Pre-Op Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Las Palmas Medical Center which is a part of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Las Palmas Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Outpatient Staff RN provides direct nursing care in the Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O.R. Holding. This is in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient s family and other members of the health care team, the clinical Outpatient Staff RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans. The Outpatient Staff RN will assess the patient prior to surgery, verify doctor orders are implemented as applicable, verify informed consent is complete, and complete the documentation. The Outpatient Staff RN will provide professional nursing care to patient utilizing the nursing process. The Outpatient Staff RN is responsible for Pre and Post procedure patient and family education.
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in the State of Texas.
- ACLS upon hire or within 6 months
- PALS upon hire or within 6 months
- Associates Degree or BSN
- 1-2 years prior nursing experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from other staff.
- Ability to work within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
- Basic computer skills needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Specialty certification/Training as appropriate
- Able to recognize and treat dysrhythmias.
- Prefer One-year prior Perioperative setting nurse experience.
Las Palmas Medical Center is a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region s only kidney transplant center . The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region th... Please click HERE to view full job description.