ProMedica Senior Care provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Post-Acute Patient Access Specialist is Responsible for managing referrals from key hospitals and other care settings (sites to be determined as part of the divisional market strategy) and ensuring a smooth transition of care for patients discharging from a care setting to our centers. Additionally, the Post -Acute Patient Access Specialist (PAPAS) will develop strong relationships with the key referral hospital personnel and identify new opportunities for partnering and growth. The goal is to grow year over year inquiries converted to admissions.
- Processes inquiries received either electronically or via fax, at a minimum rate of 5-15 inquiries per day, with an average response time rate of 15 minutes or less.
- Evaluates the inquiry, makes the decision and communicates information to facilitate the patient's smooth transition to center.
- Obtains accurate information from physicians, patient and/or responsible party, and referral source regarding the expected discharge plan and communicates this information to the center team.
- Effectively uses referral management systems and other tools to manage referrals.
- Focuses on converting inquiries to admissions.
- Manages a case load and updates electronic records with final disposition and reason lost and denied.
- Addresses and seeks to work collaboratively with center to resolve customer service issues with family and referral sources.
Additionally, this job will require a willingness to work evenings and weekends in order to provide coverage for the Central Intake Offices 24/7 operation.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare!Location
555 - ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Bethlehem South - Bethlehem, PAEducational Requirements
Bachelor degree preferred; Sales and medical training, required.Position Requirements
Two years of experience with sales and marketing knowledge, required; Strong medical
assessment skills; Prior experience with an insurance company, private case management company, or HMO, preferred. Familiarity with long term care and/or subacute care, useful. Strong oral and written communications skills.