The Physician Compensation Specialist supports several functions within Physician Compensation, primarily focusing on processing clinician Clinical Medical Education (CME) expenses. The position is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives of the Department and the organization.
- Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability
- Serves as a Human Resources representative to internal and external customers
- Takes initiative and uses proper judgment to ensure that attention is given to matters of priority and confidentiality
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - processes reimbursement for expenses and tracks compliance with allotment balances
- Verify that the expense qualifies for Reimbursement.
- Log the expense information on the receipt unto the CME Spreadsheet for the clinician.
- Complete forms for bi-Weekly and Monthly clinicians and forward to payroll
- Maintain records of all submissions
- Beginning of the month - create new draw spreadsheet and update formulas in the import to balance section
- Around the 19th of the month - Create the allowance file and send to payroll and adjust salaries for providers on LOA
- Change forms - create change forms based on changes for each clinician, submit for approval, save, and update all information by following the steps:
- Open the blank Change forms in Excel and create a form based on the information regarding the changes of the Provider.
- Send it to get approved through DocuSign.
- Email a copy out to the Physician Compensation Team.
- Record the change form in the clinician's File.
- Update the changes regarding the information on the change form.
- Record the information on the change form log; maintain and updated.
- Tracking of hours - pull the invoices for the monthly clinicians; record their hours and payments into the timesheet log and medical director file by following the steps below:
- Submit Monthly CTC invoices for the contracts of Clinical Patient Comm Coach and Leadership Roles .
- Record the hours on the invoices in the timesheet log and medical director file which is also maintained and updated.
- Save a copy of each invoice located in the monthly file titled Monthly Hourly Invoices .
- Conduct a draw true up every 90 days.
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to use calculators, computers, or other analytical tools to support activities.
- Ability to identify strategic issues/needs within compensation initiatives.
- 1+ years of physician compensation management experience.