$Up To $13000 Sign-on Bonus Offered- fundamentals of dialysis provided
Peritoneal Dialysis (Home Therapy) Registered Nurse
Piedmont Dialysis Center is one of 18 dialysis facilities managed by Health Systems Management, Inc. (HSM). HSM is a full service healthcare management organization providing a full range of development, management, and administrative services for dialysis facilities over the past 35 years in Georgia and North Carolina. HSM has an outstanding reputation in the renal community for providing high quality patient care and encouraging physician input while maintaining efficient business operations. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work in our Home Dialysis program. This is a unique opportunity to empower and educate ESRD patients on how to appropriately administer their dialysis treatments at home. It is also an opportunity to provide information to patients and their families about other modalities of dialysis.
- Educates patients on prescribed dialysis treatment who (with their doctor) has selected the home therapy modality.
- Meets and evaluates prospective new home therapy patients and explains modality options and home dialysis requirements.
- Renders highly professional and technical nursing care to the dialysis patients.
- Educates patients about health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Coordinates with multidisciplinary team members in the management of patient care at home.
- Interacts with patients and their families to provide instruction and assess daily patient care needs and communicates patient needs to direct supervisor/physician.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care using the nursing processes.
- Facilitates referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities.
- Collaborates with the physicians and the multidisciplinary team members to achieve the highest standards of care specific to the age/developmental status of the patient.
- Ensures a secure and safe patient environment by following safety policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Provides advice and emotional support to patients and their family members.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as an RN in NC.
- Minimum nursing experience of 1 year as an RN is required.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive benefits package to include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Covid-19 Vaccination or medical/religious exemption is required.
Health Systems Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.