Make a difference in the lives of children...and find work you love in Coastal Virginia. Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters (CHKD) Surgical Specialty Group (CSSG) is looking for a Board Certified Pediatric Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon who is eligible for unrestricted Virginia medical license to join its dynamic Orthopedics and Sports Medicine practice in the Hampton Roads region of southeastern Virginia. Come live and play by the beach!
We are seeking a 7th Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon for our busy orthopedics practice. The ideal candidate is a General Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon with 3-5+ years of experience and special interest and experience in sports medicine. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including relocation and sign on bonus. We cover 4 satellite locations and 2 outpatient hospital ORs in addition to our main hospital OR.
For consideration, please forward your CV to:
Director, Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Service Line
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
The Surgeon is responsible for performing surgical procedures to prevent or correct injuries and diseases of pediatric patients. A high level of independence in performance of the role and/or solution of problems is expected, however, demonstrated cooperation and collaboration is equally essential for successful functioning. Demonstrates excellence in practice characterized by quality patient care and participation in formal and informal patient, family/guardian and staff education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews patient medical history and medical records to determine the best procedure for treatment.
- Performs surgical procedures to prevent or correct injuries, diseases, deformities, disorders, and/or patient function following all regulatory and ethical protocols.
- Follows established surgical techniques during surgery.
- Communicates information to patients, parents /guardians regarding diagnosis, treatment goals, and risk factors involved.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention, early detection, and health maintenance by providing information and resources to patients and families.
- Coordinates follow up meetings and monitors health condition after surgery or treatment.
- Examines all instruments and equipment in OR to ensure sterility.
- Facilitates referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities.
- Consults with Chief of Surgery and other healthcare professionals regarding patient care and assessment.
- Directs and coordinates activities of hospital staff for proper patient care.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal regulations and guidelines.
- Engages in using performance data to identify opportunities for improvement, risk management initiatives, and overall enhancement of patient experiences and outcomes.
- Serves as a resource to clinical and non-clinical staff regarding specific skill demonstration, promotion of knowledge and communication.
- Maintains current knowledge in field, compliance with licensure and certification requirements, ensuring safe working practices in a safe working environment.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Medicine from an accredited medical school required.
- Completion of residency/fellowship training in surgical specialty area.
- Board certified or Board eligible in surgical specialty area.
- Current state medical license.
- Current DEA license.
- Professional knowledge of areas of responsibility to include theory, practice and administration in order to direct planning and implementation.
- Must have excellent organization and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and coordinate staff functions while working in a high pressure environment.
- Excellent decision making and communication skills required.