- This position is a great opportunity for entry level science graduates, or people who might not have a science degree, but have prior lab experience. The Lab Assistant role works as an extra set of hands in the lab setting by helping prepare specimens so that they can be tested quickly, and accurately. You will be working at an industry leading science company that brings diagnostic testing and drug development together.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis
• Research, troubleshoot and resolve customer and specimen problems
• Send test requests to proper location and release test results
• Assist clients with any specimen related requests or inquires
• Process specimens to be sent out to additional facilities
• Provide support to various areas of the laboratory
• Perform sample sorting, racking and retrieving
• Prepare record logs in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Experience in a laboratory environment is preferred
• Comfortability with handling biological specimens
• Ability to accurately identify specimens
• Basic computer and data entry skills
• Strong communication skills; written and verbal
• Ability to work independently or within a team environment
• Well organized and a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.