We Are Hiring:
Sign-On Bonus Available: This role is eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements subject to the terms and conditions of the offer and meet the minimum eligibility requirements. Former associates of six months or less are not eligible.
Title: Patient Care Technician Full-Time Days
Department: Medical Surgical Unit, 4th Floor
Schedule: Full-Time, 3, 12-hour shift per week with a rotating weekend a holiday schedule. 7am-7:30pm
Hospital: Saint Francis Hospital
Location: Evanston, IL (355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202)
Compassionate, personalized care has a new name. Saint Francis Hospital is now part of Ascension Illinois.
Ascension of Illinois Saint Francis Hospital Evanston is recruiting a full-time Patient Care Technician (PCT) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our Medical Surgical Unit (4th Floor).
Located along Chicago's North Shore, Ascension of Illinois Saint Francis Hospital Evanston is a full-service hospital with a rich history of providing the highest-quality care. Our Primary Stroke Center is certified by The Joint Commission, and our breast center is a designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
We Offer You:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable medical and dental
- Retirement match
- PTO and paid holidays
- Significant professional opportunities
- Comprehensive training
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and legal benefits
- And so much more!
What You Will Do:
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintains medical equipment
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
One or more of the following:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Intermediate or Advanced also acceptable.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Nursing student who has completed on semester of medical surgical nursing is also acceptable.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.