Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE: CRS) is a recognized leader in high-performance specialty alloy-based materials and process solutions for critical applications in the aerospace, defense, transportation, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer electronics markets. Founded in 1889, Carpenter has evolved to become a pioneer in premium specialty alloys, including titanium, nickel, and cobalt, as well as alloys specifically engineered for additive manufacturing (AM) processes and soft magnetics applications. Carpenter recently expanded its AM capabilities to provide a complete powder-to-part solution to accelerate materials innovation, offer rapid prototyping, and streamline parts production.
- Assist in the completion of required instrument calibrations and ultrasonic inspection procedures and related tasks using a continuous improvement approach aimed at an increase in productivity of personnel and elimination of waste in material and capital, resulting in a consistent, low-cost product delivered on schedule.
- Instrument tasks include developing knowledge and assisting with the testing, preventative maintenance, repair, modification and the calibration of instrumentation systems for production process equipment.
- Assist in the performance of ultrasonic instrumentation or systems for ultrasonic production process equipment.
- Develops knowledge of the analysis of malfunctions and make the necessary repairs or modifications.
- Assist in the maintenance of records of all calibrations, repairs, and modifications.
- Ultrasonic inspection tasks include the examination of finished materials, evaluation of ultrasonic search units, and the certification of reference standards.
- Assist in the certification of reference calibration bars (RCB's) and develop ability to perform certifications after six (6) months.
- Obtain and maintain a basic knowledge of ultrasonic inspection techniques, materials, gages, tools and equipment, including the ability to work from drawing, sketches, manuals or procedures to assure compliance to established quality specifications.
- Support the plant with overtime as required and willingness to work a rotating shift
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
- Associates degree in related technical field preferred
- Current Level II certification in the nondestructive test method of Immersion Ultrasonic Testing required
- Advanced knowledge of instrument testing, modification, repair and calibration techniques, tools and equipment
- Advanced knowledge of ultrasonic inspection techniques, materials, gages, tools and equipment
- Ability to perform tasks related to control or instrumentation systems for production process equipment
- Requires the ability to pass a pre-employment test, background check and physical including drug and alcohol screen
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime when needed or required (including weekends and holidays)
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.