Join the people helping people.
For people drawn to serving others through their work, PSCU is a place to thrive, as we serve our credit union members best by taking care of each other first.
If you want to help shape an industry, challenge yourself, and invest in your own future, this is the place for you. PSCU is a highly accessible environment where you're empowered to think on your feet, work from your heart, and discover the very best version of your professional and personal self. Our Momentum. Your Moment.
This application is the first step in seizing your moment.
Under minimal supervision, this position secures external Collections business for PSCU. Incumbent will target new opportunities using industry knowledge and understanding competitive landscape. Incumbent will also maintain high level of quality sales process and positive corporate image with prospective and existing member credit unions, and will assist VP, Sales with forecasting revenue from all new business sales.
- Develop external business nationally by promoting our Collections product lines within assigned territory
- Create and manage sales pipeline by exercising weekly structured calling campaign and timely following up on lead referrals and RFPs
- Participate in regional sales activities to include nationally coordinated sales campaigns
- Create and present formal proposals that include a detailed pricing analysis and incentive package; present on-site at prospective credit union PSCU value proposition
- Establish and maintain effective communication with prospective credit unions through appropriate contact channels; identify challenges throughout sales process that need to be overcome in order to successfully execute a commitment
- Maintain effective working relationships within credit union industry by initiating or responding to invitations to serve as guest speaker, participate in educational projects, and attend state league meetings
- Ensure smooth and efficient hand-off process of committed credit union to respective Account Executive who will maintain relationship
- Achieve year-end revenue target established at beginning of fiscal year
- Stay informed on industry trends, changes in industry regulations and competitive landscape
- Engage subject matter experts when necessary to assist in the sales process
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Five (5) years sales experience in financial services/payments industry required, with a focus on external sales.
- External business development experience required, including cold calling. Product training and demonstration experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrate behaviors based on PSCU values: Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Passion and Trust
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Must possess strong cold calling skills and have the ability to negotiate with and influence others
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of company and credit union personnel
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation computer software applications
- Ability to consistently demonstrate strong reasoning and analytical skills
PSCU is committed to pay equity and a competitive benefits package. The typical annual hiring range for this position based on relevant experience and internal equity is:
*Note: The amount shown is based on full time annual salary and would be prorated based on role.
In addition this position is eligible for an incentive plan, based on performance.
At PSCU, everything we do recognizes the fact that our employees are our most important asset. That's why we are committed to a work/life integration that goes above and beyond to ensure that you have quality time at home with your family and/or to pursue outside interests and aspirations. We back this up with generous PTO, the opportunity to work remotely, flexible scheduling, and a management team that understands how to adjust when the unexpected curveballs of life happen.
Check out the comprehensive benefits PSCU has to offer that further solidifies our reputation as a company that just gets it when it comes to balancing life's planned and unplanned events while equipping you with all the tools for growth.
Beautiful, state-of-the-art campuses
Endless opportunities for advancement
Generous paid time off and paid holidays
Our benefits package includes:
Medical with telemedicine, no-cost diabetes supply program, and expert medical opinion services
Dental and Vision
Basic and Optional Life Insurance
Company Paid Disability Insurance
401k (with employer match)
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with company provided contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Adoption Assistance Plan
Mental Health and Well-being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Mental health and Well-being: Virtual mental health support and resources
Back-up child care program
Benefits are subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
If this position requires you, now or in the future, to perform your function or report onsite at a PSCU location or travel on behalf of PSCU, entry procedure and Covid protocols are in place that will require your adherence as a condition of employment. PSCU manages these procedures and protocols requiring your use of third party digital applications, in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
Please Note: For roles with certain levels of travel and/or company car usage, PSCU will require a completed Motor Vehicle Record Check, valid driver's license, and proof of insurance at time of hire and annually.
All applications are reviewed by an AIRS Certified Diversity and Inclusion Recruiter. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion HERE!
As a matter of operational management limitations and business administrative process parameters, remote position assignments at PSCU are geographically restricted to where PSCU currently operates. As a result, we are unable to proceed with applications from those state residents. Applicants are encouraged to apply for other available opportunities for which they qualify.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status , or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following "EEO is the Law" Poster and the "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement . PSCU will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the legal duty to furnish information.
For positions based out of our Phoenix, Arizona location, PSCU is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish . For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish .
As an ongoing commitment to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, PSCU has established alternative methods to complete the application process. Disabled applicants needing assistance are encouraged to submit resumes via our careers page submission button If further assistance is required.