The Manager on the Corporate Development team will assess opportunities that will drive improvement in our business through the growth of existing business lines, the expansion into new markets, and/or the achievement of additional operational efficiencies. This role will be responsible for analyzing merger & acquisition opportunities, potential strategic partnerships, and other commercial opportunities. The Manager will be tasked with developing and owning the financial model for these opportunities utilizing various methods including discounted cash flow, comparable company analysis, precedent transactions, etc. The Manager will also be tasked with accurately and thoughtfully presenting this information so that management can make an informed decision. Because the assessment of opportunities often requires an enterprise view, the position will require the individual to communicate and work with divisions across the organization including Legal, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Strategy, etc. The position will also interact with external advisors as needed.
- Drive the development of comprehensive financial analysis to review potential external opportunities (mergers, acquisition, joint ventures, commercial partnerships, etc.)
- Analyze and provide recommendations on various initiatives that facilitate decision making among internal stakeholders by ensuring participation in cross-functional due-diligence efforts
- Support the identification, evaluation and execution of new business development and commercial related opportunities through value creation analysis, negotiation, and due diligence processes
- Apply understanding of key products and business functions to create and maintain various routine business reports, presentations, and financial analysis
- Provide a comprehensive review of term sheets or other legal documentation
- Bachelor's degree with relevant coursework in Finance and Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years or work experience in investment banking, valuations or private equity
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Self-starter with the ability to work/collaborate effectively within a team
- Occasional travel may be required
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group () is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.