MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Major Works Surveyor to join a housing association based in Surrey. My client is looking for a surveyor who has experience in Major Works.
This will be a permanent role paying £45,422p/a + £1875 Car Allowance plus benefits.
My client offers flexible working with only coming into the offices twice a week.
Main Purpose Of The Job:
To diagnose, specify, procure and monitor the major repairs and planned works for our London and South East properties including managing Party Wall enquiries and tenant requests for alterations. Ensuring these works are delivered to a consistently high standard and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To project manage major repairs for the London & South East from inception through to completion including diagnosing, specifying; procuring and monitoring the following works:
- Insurance claim works
- Structural damp works (i.e. rising and penetrating) which result in occupiers being decanted
- Major drainage works where excavation required o Ground works including paving, paths, steps over £5000
- Roofline and rain water services works to complete houses or blocks
- Planned fencing programme
- Structural works over value of £5000
- Cavity wall and loft insulation works
- Major Aids & Adaptations
- Other ad-hoc major works
- Tenant requests for alterations process
- Party Wall enquiries
- Undertake contractor administration duties as required including reviewing Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Works, Specifications and all contract documentation, ensuring that these comply with the project brief and timescales, budget estimates, all relevant legislation, health and safety regulations and policies.
- To effectively manage contractors, carrying out and managing the quality inspection process of works, including pre-start scoping, work in progress quality inspections and post inspection sign-offs. Certifying contractor valuations and claims within this role's delegated authority limits, including interim and final account payment.
- Work closely with our Resident Liaison Officer when required to ensure the planned works offer excellent customer experience and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Carry out your duties in accordance with the relevant health and safety legislation and regulations. Managing and mitigating risks associated with Health and Safety and other Compliance issues.
Title: Major Works Surveyor
Rate: £45,422p/a + £1875 Car Allowance plus benefits
Location: Walton On Thames, Surrey