We Are Hiring:
Schedule: Full-Time, Night Shift (40 hrs a week):
Schedule consists of two 8 hour shifts and two 12 hour shifts
8 Hour shift: 11pm to 7am.
12 Hour shift 7pm to 7am
with every other weekend and some holiday requirements
Hospital: Ascension Sts Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
2233 West Division Street
Chicago, Illinois 60622-8151
Ascension Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Chicago has provided compassionate, award-winning care to the city's near-northwest side for more than 100 years. Our 495-bed medical center provides comprehensive services including primary care, cancer care, behavioral health, orthopedics and rehab, cardiology, imaging, midwifery and obstetrics, emergency services, surgery and more. Magnet-recognized by the American Nursing Credentialing Center, we rank in the top seven percent of all U.S. hospitals for nursing excellence. We have a rich history of community involvement, so you'll feel at home from the moment you walk through our doors.
What You Will Do:
Provide care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contribute to the assessment of patients and assures the well-being of patients.
- Administer medications and observe patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Perform laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educate patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
What You Will Need:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High School diploma equivalency or 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
- 1 year bedside nursing experience preferred
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.