Lionstone Investments is a data-analytics driven real estate investment firm that conceptualizes, analyzes, and executes national investment strategies using proprietary algorithms and advanced analytics to understand the changing ways people in America want to live and work - Places for Productive People. Since its founding in 2001, Lionstone has consistently generated cycle-tested real estate investment performance that has exceeded peer and industry benchmarks. Using proprietary research tools and algorithms, a highly-skilled staff, and deeply-experienced leadership, Lionstone sources unique investment opportunities and effectively executes them nationwide. Lionstone Investments is an offering brand of Lionstone Partners, LLC, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Columbia Management Investment Advisers, LLC.
About the Internship
Rotational Interns experience all functions of real estate investing while working with members of our acquisitions, asset management, portfolio management, and analytics and research teams. Each participant is assigned a senior mentor and junior colleague to guide them through assisting with deal sourcing, market research, financial analysis, creating investment memos, and investor reporting. Responsibilities
- Perform detailed financial modeling (Argus and Excel based analyses) for office, residential, retail, and mixed-use real estate opportunities
- Assist in preparing investment recommendations for Investment Committee
- Support senior investment professionals with new acquisition financing, due diligence and closing procedures
- Perform property valuation analysis
- Analyze investment performance at both the asset and fund levels
- Facilitate lease transactions and support asset managers in negotiating new leases
- Evaluate significant capital expenditures
- Assist in capital raising initiatives
- Assist with research and analytics as it relates to real estate and capital markets
- Current first year MBA/graduate student
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Understanding of financial return metrics (IRR, ROE) and valuation techniques (cap rate analysis, DCF)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial, team-based environment
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
Lionstone Investments, a subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is a pioneering real estate investment firm that conceptualizes, analyzes, and executes national real estate investment strategies. By using proprietary algorithms and advanced data-analytics, Lionstone Investments can understand the changing ways people in America want to live and work. In addition to our competitive compensation package, we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that celebrates the unique qualities and rewards the contributions of our talented, passionate employees.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.