Large Animal Research Tech - Hiring Immediately!
- Health Insurance
- 401 K Options
An entry-level technician that provides for the basic needs of large laboratory animals (Pigs, Sheep, Dogs) by performing animal husbandry tasks such as feeding, weighing, preventive health maintenance, providing social interaction, and by maintaining a clean living environment according to SOPs.
- Cleans and/or completes spray-backs and sanitizing of animal caging and housing areas per SOP. Operates a variety of cleaning equipment such as pressure hoses and cage washers.
- Administers daily and enrichment feeding according to SOP or protocol prescribed amounts and types of feed. Assesses and documents appetite and feces patterns.
- Performs large animal receipt, including preparing housing for arrival, movement of animals to housing, preparing animal charts, and bathing and weighing of animals as required.
- Weighs animals according to schedule or as dictated by study protocol and performs preventive health maintenance such as ear cleaning, skin greasing, and quarantine and pre-procedure bathing.
- Conducts animal movement from room to room as needed for housing requirements, study requirements, cleaning, etc. Uses transport cart to assist with moving post-operative animals.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Prefer Associate or Bachelor degreed candidates to allow for promotional opportunities within the company.
- 6 months of experience working with animals
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.