Inpatient RN- Perioperative- Up to $26K Hiring Incentive!Location:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule:
Days Work Type:
GWV Perioperative TeamDate Posted:
Job Summary Are you a RN looking to join our Geisinger Nursing Institute? Through professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture that allows our nurses to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact.
The Registered Nurse assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as established in unit standards including, patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Hours include: 11a-7p OR 11a-11p
We're proud to offer:
- $35.00 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals
- Up to $7 shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend shifts
- Up to $26,000 hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEX
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Tiffany Nino (see below)
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Business Administration/Management (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.