Global Consulting Unit - Senior Engagement Manager/Principal (m/f/d)
Global Consulting is one of Munich Re's areas of strategic growth. We are a trusted risk advisor in primary insurance focused on improving our clients' portfolio performance and helping them create and execute new business opportunities. Our main goal is to enrich Munich Re's value proposition to increase the profitability of existing reinsurance business, and generate new reinsurance business and fees for the business units.
To complement our team of recognised experts we are looking for a highly skilled and experienced consultant to join us as a senior team member in order to drive innovative and future-oriented solutions that will grow our business.
- Identifying the needs of new and existing direct insurance clients of Munich Re in both mature and emerging markets; developing, testing and validating hypotheses
- Developing solutions to match clients' needs especially related to
- Performance improvement of portfolios of direct insurance business through segmentation analysis and portfolio management
- Enabling clients' profitable growth e.g. through the introduction of new products, new distribution channels or entry into new markets
- Driving the acquisition of client engagements together with the client teams
- Delivering high-performance consulting in close collaboration with the other members of the delivery team; thus developing and deepening our client relationships
- Developing our brand centered around technical excellence and professionalising our propositions, ensuring scalability and monetisation; preparing detailed business cases where necessary, including market feasibility studies and target operating models
- Collaborating and partnering with relevant units across the Munich Re Group and externally to expand consulting services, build new capabilities and new intellectual property
- Guiding and developing junior project team members and contributing own insights
- University degree/master's/PhD; preferred majors in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, data science, computer science or any other comparable discipline
- Multi-year practice in a technical insurance-related consulting role, including project management, business origination and solution development
- Knowledge of the overall insurance operation and value chain
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving capabilities at both conceptual and detailed level, enabling to identify client needs and solutions to meet them
- Highly committed entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadership with high responsibility and ownership of delivery
- High degree of emotional intelligence, contributing to positive overall experience and performance of the team
- Willingness to travel and work abroad - sometimes for longer periods
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, excellent command of written and spoken business English; additional languages desirable
As the world's leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel. Together we embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation. Sounds like you? Make it happen and be part of Munich Re.
- You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modeled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
- You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
- We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
- You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working leveraging digitalization to deliver solutions
- Join us, and experience that we lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
Gabriele Borck • HR Business Partner
Königinstraße 107 • 80802 München • GERMANY
Munich Re not only stands for fairness with regard to its clients; it is also an equal opportunity employer. Severely disabled candidates will also be prioritised, if equally qualified.