ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Gastroenterology-Greenville are seeking a board eligible or board certified Gastroenterologist to join their growing gastroenterology practice located in Greenville, North Carolina. New graduates and Visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
Greenville is a family-friendly mid-sized community located 80 miles east of Raleigh and 80 miles northwest of North Carolina's beautiful Crystal Coast. With a mild climate that includes 4 seasons, close proximity to waterways, excellent school options, and an affordable cost of living-Greenville is the perfect place to call home.
Learn more about Greenville
Learn why providers choose to enjoy a work-life balance with ECU Health
- Medical Group Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Opportunity for Academic Appointment with East Carolina University's Brody School of Medicine
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma center
- Growing physician-led private not for profit healthcare system
- Established practice with 6 experienced gastroenterologists and 1 Nurse Practitioner
- Procedures: Bread and Butter GI
- Large referral network including over 150 ECU Health Physicians practices and 9 ECU Health owned hospitals
- State of the art outpatient endoscopy center and newly renovated inpatient GI lab
- Ability to teach and to be supported by the Gastroenterology Fellowship program that includes 6 Fellows as well as residents
- Fellows take first call
- Inpatient support by experienced hospitalist program (GI service is a consult service)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package to include: guaranteed base salary, potential bonus structure, annual stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Ability to live in a vibrant university community with close proximity to the beautiful North Carolina beaches
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU HEALTH MEDICAL CENTER
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, ECU Health Medical Center has been designated a Magnet facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
ECU BRODY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students' ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with ECU Health Medical Center. ECU Health Medical Center is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville's revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area.
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Mercer at or .
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant's qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.