Waste Connections of Graham is looking for a safety conscience CDL Route Driver
to join the team in Graham, TX!
The ideal driver will have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to excel and grow with our GROWING company!
HERE to view a "Day in the Life" of our Drivers. Why work for Waste Connections?
- Competitive Compensations
- Safety Bonuses - Get rewarded for your safe habits
- Yearly Boot Stipend - Get your boots covered
- Benefits Plans - Keep yourself healthy
- Matching 401(K) - Connect to your future
What we do:
- This position pays 18-19 dollars an hour working 48 to 52 hours a week. everything after 40 hours is paid overtime.
We provide trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for safely operating a Commercial CDL Truck
delivering dumpster containers to customers, while providing the best service in the industry. This includes duties such:
What we work with:
- Safely driving a Commercial CDL Truck into a variety of environments (Residential, Construction, Commercial, etc.).
- Determine the best, convenient drop off location for dumpster, to avoid property damage.
- Cautiously operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load Dumpster on/off truck.
- Secure the Dumpster Load, cover appropriately and account for weight shift before departing
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Interact courteously with your customers
- Other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Trash is heavy! Sometimes we have machines aid our efforts. Other times we do not. And this is a service provided year round - Rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Not to mention dirty ones. Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work with consistent walking; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75 pounds. Exiting/exiting high set truck. Walking. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
At the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling customer! Minimum Job Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a satisfactory driving record.
- Class A or B CDL
- Approx. 48-55 hours a week, with overtime.
- Physically comfortable with demands of the job
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)