Responsible for the set up and operation of forge and trim presses by performing the following duties. The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet's principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs specified dies on press die sets, and positions and clamps holding fixtures to die sets.
- Aligns metal parts between dies or positions them against fixtures on press.
- Moves controls to lower ram that forces dies together.
- Dimensionally lays out parts.
- Monitors and records all associated dimensions on the product to ensure conformance to all customer specifications.
- Identifies maintenance needs of equipment and reports to management.
- Communicates with Die department on recommendation of windage and stock to add to dies.
- Mixes lubricants in lubrication tank.
- Performs preventative maintenance checks on press and die sets
- Monitors temperatures of furnaces according to type of metal being forged.
- Completes quality documents such as Statistical Process Control charts, routers, and tags.
- Maintains housekeeping and safety standards in work area.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. And compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. And deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Uses inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, CMM, height gages, and comparators.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to three years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of press operations and forging equipment.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric tolerancing.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment