Occupational Medicine opening in , California.
The Department of Veterans Affairs, through the VBA, administers the Compensation & Pension (C&P) Program for benefits to Veterans, their dependents and survivors. The Medical Disability Examinations (MDE) is a key component in the claims adjudication process for entitlement determinations for disability compensation and pension for a Veteran.
The Environmental and Occupational Health Director will serve as the subject matter expert to all the front-line Examiners assisting with the provisions of the contract in the area of Environmental and Occupational Health.
- Responsible for providing leadership, guidance, oversight, and quality assurance to front-line Examiners who assist with disability examinations
- Lead the Environmental and Occupational Health Department and support front line medical examiners in handling of MDE
- Oversee team effort by assisting with contract goals and objectives
- Identify opportunities for improvement and communicate needs to contract Medical Director
- Travel throughout designated region meeting with contracted examiners as needed
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy
- License in good standing by a State Medical Board and Board Certified.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in completing VA disability examinations
- Experience with VA culture and processes
- Proven and demonstrated experience dealing with complex issues in the realm of Environmental and Occupational Health
- Experience with managing a diverse team of providers across a wide area of operation
- Ability to travel through the Pacific Region
- Able to bend, stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to reach to retrieve documents.
- Able to carry materials and/or file boxes up to 20 pounds.