US0073 Sysco Hampton Roads, Inc.Zip Code:
23435Minimum Years of Experience:Employment Type:
Full TimeTravel Percentage:
Sysco has immediate job openings for dependable CDL A Delivery Truck Driver Trainees to safely operate a tractor-trailer and may be required to unload/deliver various products to an assigned route schedule on an as-needed basis. Our drivers build relationships with each customer using their positive, friendly attitude and become familiar with their operations to meet needs and expectations. Qualifications:
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Drivers must be 21+ years of age.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Requires a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with a "clean" driving record (no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Strong communication skills.
- Good mathematical and arithmetic skills.
- Must have a winning, positive attitude.
- Must be able to lift, push, or move product weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must have schedule flexibility - i.e. overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and the ability to start at a variety of times all are required to successfully meet customers' needs.
- Sysco is more than just a place to work. Our passion for food and our customers has made us the industry leader. To remain at the top, we will continue to think bigger, work harder, and never give up.
- Are you ready to join us?
- Sysco has many benefits for drivers.
- Competitive wages.
- Paid Vacation.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits package, with many coverage options.
- Generous retirement benefits.
- Employee discount programs.
- Discounts on company stock for associates interested in also being a shareholder.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.