Propel seeks an experienced School Nurse
to join our amazing team for the 2022-23 school year at Propel Braddock Hills Elementary School. If you are resilient, hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Propel Schools.Successful candidates will have:
- Strong Ability to build trusting relationships
- Commitment to the highest professional standards
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to participate in on-going Professional Development
- A commitment to the Promising Principles of Propel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competency, high degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness with the ability to reflect and adapt to diverse environments.
- Valid PA Dept. of Ed.School Nurse Certification
- TB Test
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Disclosure
- Medical Insurance
- choice between Highmark and UPMC
- Medical Waiver
- if insurance waived, receive $75 per pay/$1,800 annually
- Dental Insurance ($1 per month employee/$5 per month family)
- Vision Insurance ($1 per month employee/$1 per month family)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Propel contributes 5% to 403(b) and up to 4% employer match on employee contributions
- Life Insurance
- Propel provides a $50,000 policy
- Wellness Benefit
- Propel provides reimbursement of $20 per month ($240 annually) for wellness activities including gym memberships, diet programs, etc.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- After 1 year of service, reimbursement of up to $2,000 annually
- Short Term Disability
- Propel-paid Short Term Disability (60% of salary for all full-time employees)
- Education or Child Care Benefit
- After 2 years of service, receive $75 per pay ($1,800 annually) towards either Student Loans, 529 Account or FSA Dependent Care Account
Every day, Propel strives for the extraordinary. We can achieve it - but not without extraordinary people who take society's injustices to heart and have the vision and energy to inspire others.
Almost 15 years ago, Propel started as a dream. The dream was to build an organization with the capacity to transform public education in Southwestern Pennsylvania so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Today, that dream is a reality.
Propel has become one of the largest, fastest-expanding set of charter schools in Pennsylvania with the highest levels of student achievement among Pennsylvania public school districts serving high poverty areas. The first school opened in 2003 with 180 children, occupying a small hospital basement. In 2017, almost 4,000 K-12 students attend thirteen facilities in Homestead, McKeesport, Montour, Munhall, Turtle Creek, Braddock Hills, Northside, Pitcairn and Hazelwood.
Our Mission is to catalyze the transformation of public education so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Propel owes its success to the hard work and dedication of its people, both in and out of the classroom.