NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
Works with an individual unit or various units in the Finance Department (FD) to analyze and document business functions and data flows to support process maintenance, process improvement, data quality and change management. Makes recommendations to supervisor for changes to unit and/or Company processes and technologies relating to the unit, department or Company to produce greater operational efficiency and accuracy. Assists in the design, testing, and implementation of management-approved operational changes. Recommends appropriate procedures to assure data quality and sufficient process service levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Analyzes and documents business processes, data-flows and uses of information technology. Evaluates performance for opportunities to increase automation, improve efficiency, and increase accuracy. Measures performance of current processes by capturing metrics and comparing performance to benchmarks.
Assists in identifying potential departmental technology deficiencies and proposes technology changes to management for approval. May define the requirements and specifications for minor new development or enhancements to proprietary applications.
Collaborates with various FD personnel to implement and test new or revised business processes and/or new or enhanced internally developed software or third-party vendor purchased software.
Participates in the development and maintenance of quality assurance by researching and recommending control standards, procedures and practices to management.
Maintain knowledge of FD and Company information technology, and general information technology industry, including hardware and software changes for all information technology products used by or potentially useful to the assigned FD units.
Develops and maintains documentation of all data flows within and out of the assigned FD units, and of all systems for collecting, storing, retrieving, analyzing, utilizing and reporting information related to the assigned FD units.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent
- 2-3 years related work experience
- Personal computer and related spreadsheet and data manipulation software
- Knowledge of technology testing methods and procedures
- Principles of business, statistics, finance, insurance, insurance accounting and statistics
- Principles of process analysis and project management; project management accreditation
- Company and Department practices and procedures
- Business process analysis and project management
- Excellent oral and written communication with all levels of the organization and individuals outside the organization, including vendors
- Computer Proficiency
- Project management skills
- Design and use of computer programs to collect, store, retrieve, analyze, utilize and report data
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Analyze Company business information needs and procedures
- Learn quickly
- Work independently
- Work well with others
- Respond well to demands on time and resource
- Maintain confidentiality
- Organize time and resources and handle multiple high priorities
- Delegate, plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Work with detail with accuracy
- Research and evaluate alternatives, reach decisions, and make recommendations
- Train others in work procedures
A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals.