** Hourly staff hired into this position will be eligible to be paid for 52 weeks, which includes pay for all days when school is not in session as designated on the school calendar. This includes holidays, school closures due to weather, & summer days outside of ESY. **
New Story Schools in Reading, PA (New Holland Rd location) is seeking a qualified Academic and Behavior Support Staff, who will work collaboratively with Special Education teachers and Behavior Analysts to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Staff will provide Autism support to students in grades K-6. We are offering a $1500 Sign-on Bonus
- Assist with the implementation of the students Individualized Education (IEP)
- Assist students within the classroom/program setting during participation in special subjects such as Physical Education, Vocational programs, and Field trips.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Observe/Record data related to behavioral concerns to assess/monitor the progress of the student
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at .
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here , log in, and navigate to Open Opportunities to search and apply for current open opportunities.
- 3+ months experience working in a school or program for individuals with special needs to which they are assigned
- Bachelors or better in Psychology or related field
- Bachelors or better in Human Services or related field