GRF CPAS & Advisors, has been part of the Washington, DC metropolitan region since 1981. The firm provides outsourced accounting, auditing, risk advisory and consulting, and tax services to an extensive client base, which consists of nonprofit organizations, government contractors, professional service firms and others. GRF CPAs & Advisors, based in Bethesda, MD is in search of an Accounting Assistant to join our team.
As an Accounting Assistant you will performs the day-to-day payables and other bookkeeping functions for the firm's internal accounting needs, records transactions within established systems and procedures.Location
: Bethesda, MD (Hybrid)Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verify that all financial transactions comply with current financial policies and procedures in the firm.
- Prepare batches of Accounts Payable invoices for data entry.
- Assist the Sr. Accountant in reconciliation of credit cards and other corporate accounts.
- Manage the weekly Accounts Payable check run by entering in invoices due at specific time intervals.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports as requested.
- Process bank reconciliations.
- Assist in bi-monthly payroll processing for hourly staff including compiling timesheets at assigned due dates.
- Prepare journal entries in the bookkeeping software as required.
- Key in and recode reimbursable expenses in the billing software and bookkeeping software to clients for billing.
- Process employee expense and travel reports with proper approvals.
- Contact vendors to resolve billing discrepancies
- Maintain benefit allocation reports and other related support schedules for financial reporting support.
- Prepare manual checks when required.
- Maintain listing of outstanding accounts payable, the general ledger and vendor files including contractor files and obtaining proper tax ID reporting info (e.g., W-9).
- Assist with additional and special reporting tasks when requested.
- Assist in the preparation of billing clients when needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- 2 years accounting or bookkeeping experience using computerized accounting system, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger in QuickBooks or Sage Intacct.
- Familiarity with a 3rd party Accounts Payable software (e.g., ).
- Database management experience. Familiarity with a project management software such as CCH Practice Management or other comparable time and billing software.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including demonstrated experience in advanced areas of pivot tables, macros, v-lookups, etc. Ability to work on special Excel worksheets and familiarity with creation of formulas and rules.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with clients, partners, colleagues, vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work independently, use sound judgment and prioritize tasks.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm and client information.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Occasional overtime hours required.
This is a full-time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include a company 401(k) plan, paid individual medical, student loan repayment program and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!
GRF CPAs & Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. At GRF CPAs and Advisors, we cultivate an inclusive business environment where all employees are valued for their unique contributions to our mission to provide exceptional financial, tax and consulting services to our clients in the US and around the world.